Benedict House Mission Statement
Everything that happens at Benedict House has the pupils and their individual needs at heart. We create an environment in which children are happy, motivated to achieve and enthusiastic about their learning.
Our school’s aims
- To enable every child to develop emotionally, spiritually, physically and academically in a caring environment.
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum where every child’s needs are catered for and where children have high expectations of themselves.
- To value and reward positive relationships, appropriate behaviour and good manners at all times, which promote high self-esteem, cooperation and consideration for all.
- To foster a spirit of cooperation and friendship between home, school and the wider community.
- To enable everyone to move on with confidence, positive memories and lasting benefits of their time with us.
Our School’s philosophy
Our philosophy is founded on the belief that every child is an individual and with encouragement, hard work and praise can develop their potential to the full and achieve high standards.
It is the responsibility of the school to provide a secure and nurturing environment where pupils enjoy learning and grow into confident and happy individuals ready to face the diversity of future challenges and capable of making informed choices and decisions.
Benedict School processes “personal data” including “sensitive personal data” (such as medical information), for the purposes of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of pupils, parents and staff, for the legitimate interests of the school.
We seek to ensure that all relevant legal obligations of the school, parents and pupils are fully complied with and that all processing of data is done lawfully and fairly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018. The school has a comprehensive policy covering data governance and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s office. Please address any enquiries to the Headteacher.
The following information is available to parents on request from the school office:
- Ofsted Report November 2017
- BHS Admissions Policy
- BHS Anti-Bullying Policy
- BHS Complaints Policy
- BHS Curriculum Policy
- BHS Data Protection Policy
- BHS Educational Visits
- BHS EYFS Policy
- BHS Fire Safety Policy
- BHS First Aid and Medications Policy
- BHS Health and Safety Policy
- BHS Homework Policy
- BHS Internet and E-Safety Policy
- BHS Missing Child Policy
- BHS Positive Behaviour and Exclusions Policy
- BHS Privacy Statement - Parents and Prospective Parents
- BHS Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Covid 19 Safeguarding Policy Addendum September 2020
- BHS Safer Recruitment Policy
- BHS School Rules
- BHS Staff List 2020-2021
- BHS SEND and Inclusion Policy
- BHS Teaching and Learning Policy
- BHS Terms and Conditions
- BHS Whistleblowing Policy
- BHS Parent Handbook
RECORD OF FORMAL COMPLAINTS FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2018-19
In accordance with Inspection Standards, Benedict House is required to publish the number of complaints registered under the formal complaints procedure during the preceding school year. In the academic year 2019-2020, one complaint was received under the formal complaints procedure. Updated June 2020.
Benedict House Preparatory School is wholly owned by Chatsworth Schools, Registered in England at: Crimea Office, Great Tew Estate, Oxon, OX7 4AH Reg No: 09738417
The Directors can be contacted on 01608 525030